Wednesday, September 27, 2006

TWISTS, TURNS AND BUMPS IN THE ROAD

Not to beat around the bush and time is of the essence.
I am all geared up for moving to NJ. I already have a place to stay and a list of NY Bloggers I would love to sit and have serious conversations with. But then there is a twist. I would be chilling with one of my best friends which recently just moved there about 3 months ago. He has a two bedroom condo( mind you that I do know how small the apts/condos are in NY)and stated that it was cool for me to chill until I get my own space. All good, no problems. I told him that I would like to have a job before I moved so that I could jump right into the working world. He was kewl with it. Yesterday, I sent an email just to make sure that everything was kewl and he sent an email back stating that it was but everything was tight as far as space and that he had to through a lot of clothes out because of the space and other things. He also stated that a job was essential and that I would have any expenses there so that I could stack my chips to obtain a deposit and purchase my essentials ( WTF) for my own place.
When I read that email something in my spirit clicked.

(digressing for one moment)
I have always had a problem with being very independent, not relying on anyone but GOD. When I moved to LA 8yrs ago it was nothing but GOD because I knew no one. I had the job and the apartment before I moved here and there was no roommate. I have been here 8 yrs, with a few struggles and disappointments but I made it. I am the type of person that will not take anyone for granted nor would I want to be placed in a situation where I or someone else is uncomfortable.
( back to the issue at hand)

When I felt that click in my spirit, I immediately sent an email back to say that I understood that things would be tight and thanked him for the offer to move in but I would be relocating back to CHICAGO. Yes, CHICAGO.
Chicago is home for me. I still have my place there with my best friend there and I still have keys to the house ( that's how close we are,tru brothers). Instead of paying $800.00 for rent, my portion is only $300.00 and its a 3 story home, full basement and 3 rooms. I really didn't want to move back to Chicago because I felt it was a step back, but I figure that it would be kewl because I can def get a good job, still save the chips and within a year have enough to relocate to NJ or NY on my own in my own and live comfortable.

Questions to the Bloggers:
Do you think that I am moving based on emotions or was this a true sign?

I really wouldn't want to kill a great friendship by moving in and clashing with the homie.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dayne Avery said...

I was in similar shoes a few months back. I moved from ATL my home of 6-7 years back home. Many people were telling me not to do it and how it would be backtracking. Honestly, you have to do whats best for you (emotionally, physically, spiritually, financially) no one can give you advice on whats best for you better than you can. When I wanted to move I didnt have any offers for people to help me out so it was back to DE. So far its been one of the best decisions of my life. good luck on whatever you do.

7:45 AM  
Blogger THE PISCEAN said...

Thanks Sir Dayne. I am learning that I really need to start taking responsibility and move wisely if I want to be secure and stable in my future. In all aspects, spiritual, physical, emotional, financial and even when it comes to relationships.
Thanks for your wisdom sir.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

You are a pisces just like me. SO THAT MEANS FOLLOW THAT INTUITION.

It will never fail you. Even though we like to find the good in any and everything...we like to stop and smell the flowers knowing damn well we have allergies and we didn't pop the bendryll.

Regroup, shuffle the deck, do what you have to do. It's never to late to do anything. As long as it gets done.

Besides, I've always wanted to ocme visit Chicago.

9:53 PM  
Blogger El Alexander said...

I'm in the same place you are and I think that it's time for me to move on with my life, because there is nothing else here for me in GA I'm from NJ so I think NJ is a great place. But what I want to say to you is Jennifer Hudson said it best in her song, " I'm going to stand up I'm tired of being left out, takes a damn fool to keep you around, I'm going to stand up on my two feet cause I don't need you to make me complete."

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home