Thursday, January 18, 2007

January 12, 2007
A New Year, New Adventures

Well as many know, I will be residing in lovely LA for another year. I have made up in my mind if any opportunity to enjoy myself, bring positive vibes into my life I am going for it. In saying that, I am sitting at an airport in Reno about to head for Tahoe for skiing.
This will be my first time skiing and I look forward to it.
My best friend (who you have read about in a previous entry) invited me to join him and some of his buddies from New York. There was no hesitation I said yes.
It will be interesting to vibe and meet new people. In a way it will even be challenging. Sometimes when people first meet me they think that I am either conceited, stuck up, arrogant, stand offish(is that a word, lol) or just anti social. I am who I am and I can’t be fake for anyone. Once I get to know a person and feel their vibe then and only then will I loosen up.
I pretty much purchased almost everything the last night after work. I know, procrastination. Boots, ski bibs, thick socks, thermal underwear, sleeping attire and first aid kits ;-) (Be prepared for anything).
The only thing that I am not looking toward in this trip is the driving. I hate driving. Considering that I drive to work a total of 2 ½ hours daily. I am tired of driving and having to drive in the mountains does not help. If I can get out of driving I will.

More on the trip tomorrow.

Looks like I am getting closer to one of my goals from the last post. I will have a picture online before the end of the month. This is a huge step for me because I am a very private person. Having pictures posted all over the net is a very scary thing for me. But this year I am overcoming my fears and as another blogger stated, I am going to start loving myself. (That’s a whole new blog in itself.) When I love others I love hard and give all, so it’s time for me to do that for myself.

Question for the day -
What would you do if you moved in with someone that was looking for a roommate and find yourself attracted to him/her? Keep in mind that they already have a boyfriend/girlfriend and the relationship is not strong.
Would you:
A. Keep it professional and not let your feelings show?
B. Let the roommate know right off the back so that he/she will be aware decide if it will be a conflict?
C. Wait until they break up with the significant other and then tell them?
Can’t wait to read the results.
I leave you with this as I close this entry

- Knowing and loving God is our greatest privilege, and being known and loved is God’s greatest pleasure_

1 Comments:

Blogger Dayne Avery said...

You sound like me on the way people perceive you at first, the fact that you don’t like to drive, and that you are staying where you are for now.

Now on the skiing trip… Let me know how that goes. I’ve never been but I’m going to have to put that on my to-do list.

And on the roommate question I usually never admit to people that I am attracted to them. So I probably wouldn’t say anything especially since they are already taken.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home